The internal GPS is the GPS of your mobile or tablet and it is what has the worst precision among all the options, but to start with it is fine. The precision can vary between 4 and 15 meters depending on the device you use.
To use it, you must ensure that this function is enabled on your mobile. For this, go to “Settings”> “Location” and activate the location item. On Android you must verify that it is in High Precision mode.
The Garmin GLO is a very good external GPS device.
SEE THE NEW RABBIT GLO!
THE MORE PRECISE!
To connect your device to a Garmin GLO you must do that:
iOS (iPhone or iPad)
Simply connect the Garmin GLO in the list of bluetooth devices.
Connecting to an Android device is a little different and requires a couple of additional steps for the first connection. You will need to download an app from another colleague on your Android device for the device to receive the proper GPS signals. Garmin recommends the “Bluetooth GPS” application, which can be found at the Google Play Store at no additional cost. Once you have installed the app, follow these steps:
- Press and hold the power button on the Garmin Glo to power on.
- Take the Garmin Glo within 10 meters from the Android device.
- On your Android device, go to Settings> Connections> Bluetooth and turn on Bluetooth.
- The Garmin Glo should appear in your “Available Devices”. When you find it, select the Garmin Glo to pair the two devices.
- Start the Bluetooth GPS application.
- Select “Enable Mock Gps provider” in the application, if you are directed to an Android configuration page with the “Test location app” option, select the Bluetooth GPS app and return to the Bluetooth GPS application.
- In the app, press the menu button (it will probably look like three vertical dots)> Settings.
- Under “Service Settings” select “Reconnect”.
- In “Related connection problems”, select “Use insecure connection”.
- Return to the main screen of the application (press the Back button on your Android device).
- On the main application screen, tap the connect button next to the Garmin Glo. If the data fields start showing data, then you’re ready to go.
- Once connected, the blue LED on the GLO should turn solid blue.
The next time you just have to open the Bluetooth GPS app and hit Connect.
Now on the Rabbit Rally 2.0 connections page and select Km / h (Metric) or MPH (Imperial) in GPS, as shown in the image below.